Up to $25,000 Home Grant for Down Payment Assistance!
The State of Utah has recently approved an interest-free, forgivable home grant to Utah Law Enforcement and Correctional Officers to help cover down payment for a home purchase.
Law Enforcement Home Grant Details:
Utah Housing Corporation on behalf of the State of Utah is helping to provide down payment and closing cost assistance to individuals working as Law Enforcement or Correctional Officer to purchase a home in or near the community where they work.
- No required repayment, no interest home grant
- Grant amount: up to 3.5% of the purchase price or $25,000, whichever is the lesser amount
- Grant forgiveness will reduce each each up to 5 years (60 months) as long as the individual is employed in Utah as an Officer and occupies the home as their primary residence
- Grant reservations will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis
- The Officer must be a first time home buyer
- The Officer must get pre approved for first mortgage funding. <Get started here>
- The Officer must owner occupy the property
- Single family homes, condos, townhomes, manufactured homes are all eligible properties
- Only one grant per property is eligible
- Officer must receive a Commitment Letter from Utah Housing stating grant has been approved (this is what we help with!)